We are so excited to be worshipping together again!
Our Safe Worship Service is specifically designed for the more vulnerable members of our congregation. This service is limited to guests over the age of 65 (spouses or direct family who share a home are welcome to attend with you!) or with underlying medical conditions.
We will be honoring the traditions of Hilldale UMC with this service, but there are some elements that will look different. These include:
- Guests will RSVP below!
- Guests are asked to refrain from attending service if they are feeling at all unwell or showing symptoms of Coronavirus or COVID-19. This is one way that we can show love to each other by keeping each other safe.
- Building use during this service will be limited to the sanctuary and restrooms in the Narthex. In order to maintain the cleanliness of our facility, classrooms, offices, hallways, and other restrooms will not be open during service.
- Attendees will be seated by ushers. This will allow staff to seat those in attendance in a way that maintains our social distancing practices and policies. This may mean that your "usual seat" is not available to you. Please allow staff to seat you as they are trained.
- Common-touch items such as hymnals, bulletin, care pads, and offering plates will not be available during this service. Instructions for offering, etc. will be provided during service.
- Guests are not required to wear masks, but we recommend that you do in common areas. All staff and volunteer ushers will be wearing masks. Staff will remove masks when necessary to perform duties during service.
- We ask that you refrain from hugs, handshakes, and close quarter conversations. In order to maintain the integrity of Safe Worship and its purpose, social distancing is a necessary practice. Hand sanitizer will be available in the pews and the Narthex.
**Members and congregants who do not fall into the "vulnerable" category or age bracket will be able to attend "Open Table" worship on Sundays at 11:00 a.m. Please help us maintain the integrity of Safe Worship by not attending if you are not in a high risk category.**