**Join us on Sept. 12th at 6pm in the sanctuary for a special guest speaker. Come and hear how a shoebox changed a life! All are welcome.**
Operation Christmas Child is an organization near and dear to the heart of Hilldale. Every year, our congregation participates in this program in order to bring the joy of Christmas and the love of Christ to children around the world.
**We are looking forward to PACKING SEASON!! Our first packing party is scheduled for Sept. 25 from 9am-12pm. We will add more dates as we go, and will end with our final packing party on Saturday, November 20th from 9 to noon. We still need a few hundred filler items and a few "must have" items. Many of them can be found at The Dollar Tree. These items can be dropped off at the church anytime before November 10th.
NEEDED ITEMS BY NOVEMBER 10th
60 washcloths 250 black or blue writing pens yoyos
stuffed animals Hot Wheels fans trucks
playing cards Disney figures Legos jewelry
checkers marbles tops balls
dolls. tower blocks tin puzzles
ANY SMALL TOY A CHILD WOULD LIKE TO PLAY WITH
YOU CAN NOW PACK A SHOEBOX ONLINE!! Go HERE to check it out!
* Due to the pandemic will will continue to have small group packing parties.
* November 12th will be our final packing party.
* Since we are packing earlier in the year shoebox items are need in the next few months. We will not have a board to pull off items for your personal shopping.
* A complete A to Z list of shopping ideas is included here. The underlined items are of first priority. A paper copy is also available. Anything on the list in any amount is useful.
* An Amazon Wish List has been made public. It will be updated weekly. It can be found under Amy Dillon or email@example.com
* Your continued donations of purchased items, handmade items, prayers and monetary donations for OCC keep it flourishing on the Hill.
* There is a large OCC storage tub near the elevator to drop of shoeboxes and items.
* Please continue to check the website for updates on ways you can participate and see what is needed for future packing parties.
For example: How many of you have a pair of brand new "fun" or "crazy" socks some one gave you as a gift sitting in a drawer? Well, if they are still new we can have a home for them in a shoebox.
Check out our Amazon Wishlist HERE!
PLEASE SIGN UP BELOW!